- A roof garden is a gardening on the roof top of a building structures. Besides the pleasant appeal , roof plantings may provide food, temperature control, other benefits, architectural enhancement, habitats or recreational activities,and in large scale it may even have ecological benefits.
- Rooftop gardening / farming is usually done using green roof, hydroponics, aeroponics or container gardens Rooftop gardening is nothing new. City residents have been tucking plants on roofs and fire escapes for generations. Even green roofs, roofs covered with soil and plants
- Rooftop gardens of all kinds are gaining popularity in both residential and commercial sites.
There are plenty of good reasons to consider a rooftop garden:
- They make use of unutilized spaces available
- A garden beautifies an feel good factor
- They can provide privacy
- They are extremely environmentally friendly
- Gets good sun exposure