POTTING GROW MEDIA
Often also referred to as “substrate” or “potting soil”, a growing medium is a material, other than soil on the spot, in which plants are grown.
- PowerClay are the leading supplier of superior quality horticultural growing media products in India , serving both professional and retail markets.
- PowerClay at the forefront of innovation in the sustainable research, development, manufacture of growing media or roots booster called PowerClay used by professional horticultural growers as a high performing, high yielding and sustainable alternative growing media to cocopeat etc.,
- Just as horticultural powerclay products has served the professional grower for many years, it can help the home gardener solve a multitude of common problems. In addition to promoting drainage and aeration in heavy clay soils, horticultural powerclay products provides optimum moisture retention for successful plant growth.
- When horticultural powerclay products is added to heavy clay soils, water ponding may be eliminated. In addition, plant roots may more easily penetrate the powerclay products/soil growing media and develop more fully. Horticultural powerclay products can be particularly advantageous in modifying the structure of general garden soil, patio plantings, and roofscapes.
- Each particle of powerclay products is comprised of tiny closed air cells or bubbles. The surface of each particle is covered with tiny cavities which provide an extremely large surface area. These surface cavities trap moisture and make it available to plant roots. In addition, because of the physical shape of each particle or powerclay products, air passages are formed in the growing media thereby providing excellent aeration. Fertilizer appropriate to the plants being grown should be added. Horticultural powerclay products is available in several different grades. The coarser size has been used for many general gardening and horticultural applications, but the finer grades work best when used outdoors.
Advantages of Horticultural PowerClay :
- Improves aeration and drainage
- Makes moisture and nutrients readily available to plants
- Is inorganic and does not deteriorate.
- Has an essentially neutral pH of 6.5 to 7.5.
- Serves as an insulator to reduce extreme soil temperature fluctuations.
- Is sterile and free of weeds and disease.
- Is clean, odorless, lightweight, and safe to handle