LITAGG is suitable for use in various potable water treatment processes,such as:
- Biological treatment plants
- filtration plants
- Pre-treatment for desalination
- Litagg has a large porous cavity volume and surface area that makes it an ideal media for treatment of drinking water. For biological treatment of water LITAGG is excellent for treating raw water containing ammonia, manganese, iron etc. For conventional, physical filtration processes, due to the unique porosity , Litagg enables longer filter-runs at higher filtration speed.
LITAGG used in Filter Techniques / Waste Water Treatment :
- A careful treatment of the natural resources includes the economical treatment of drinking water.
- The reduction of the contaminant loads of wastewater forms the condition for safer quality and supply of drinking water. Mechanical parts of conventional wastewater treatment technique clean the water by the physical process of sedimentation only, by what the firm and the liquid phases of the wastewater get separated. Biological parts of the plants use microorganisms to clean the wastewater. Litagg, expanded clay pellets , constitutes an ideal area of settlement for these microorganisms.
For the Wastewater- Biofilteration
- The wastewater-biofiltration, in whose case the vented filter is filled with rough Litagg, can look back on experiences which go back to eighties. In most cases, one chooses the sphere-shaped expanded clay Litagg with specific surfaces of 800 to 900 m2/m3 for 4-8 mm.
- For this reason, considering relatively small box dimensions, a high biomass concentration is attained as well. This is accompanied by a saving of space and costs. Furthermore, smaller particle sizes come into operation, which feature larger surfaces indeed, but also augment the filter’s tendency to clog. Litagg is mainly used in big clarification plants in the biological level in order to reduce the concentration of nitrogen and phosphate in the wastewater. Moreover, Litagg is suitable for small clarification plants and botanic wastewater treatment plants as well.
- As specific filter materials , Litagg serves as an area of settlement for microorganisms.By means of defined Litagg-grading curves, the desired properties can be achieved: this concerns the special surface, the so-called reaction area as well as the hydraulic properties of the fixed bed, which emerge from the gusset-pore-volume and the distribution. The method applied to procuce Litagg permits a broad palette of specific filter materials. In most cases, the types 3/6 mm, 4/8 mm and 8/16 mm are applied as standard grading curve. The grading curve can also be adapted individually to the customer’s wish – just as the particle density sectors. Considering Litagg, these range from 0.4 kg/dm3 for swimming coverings and up to 1.8 kg/dm3 for the biological wastewater treatment in big and small clarification plants as well as in percolating filter plants and wastewater-fed aquaculture ponds.